Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Little Progress

    Today found a little progress... The cooler air moved in just in time for us to make our rack for the fire wood.  It had been sitting in the trailer for almost 2 weeks. We knew what we wanted to do, but had to find time to build it.  The weather was just a bonus.    
Here is the front side .  It holds all the fire wood for the house.  I kept a few buckets of wood for the fire pit I plan to put together sometime this fall.  Not sure where I will keep that yet.  I am sure we will come up with a plan soon.
Here is the back side.  It holds all the grill wood. Richard loves to smoke brisket, chicken and ribs.  All the retaining wall bricks were given to us by my father-in-law.  So that was free!  The sweet man we bought the firewood from gave us the pallets.  We only had to pay for the wood. The larger chunks of wood we decided to use as seats around our fire pit. Those were also given to us by the man we bought the firewood from.  I love the rustic look it gives everything. 
 
  Hopefully my next update with be about our new goats.  We were in the market for a family milk cow.  Since we needed a little more time to prepare for a cow, we decided on the milk goats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment