Saturday, September 19, 2015

Natural Body Scrub & Bath Salt Recipes

I always get so excited before I start to make some kind of natural beauty product! Especially Body Scrubs and Whipped Shea Body Butter (I will post recipe later). Today I want to share with you guys a two of my favorite EASY & NATURAL skin care products. Many people fork out tons of money on these simple and cheep products every year. When I was younger I used to do it! The ones you see in places like Wal-Mart or even Ulta only cost pennies to make!
 
One of the greatest things about making your own body scrubs and bath salts is that you can pick the scent, salt or sugar, herbs, etc.! 
 
What I am going to do is provide a base recipe and let you do the rest. So mix it up and have a little fun!
 
Simple Bath Salt Recipe
  • 1/2 c. salt of your choice (I like Himalayan or Epsom Salt)
  •  1/4 c. baking soda
  • 1 tbsp. dried herbs (optional)
  • 15 drops of essential oil(s) (optional)
  1. Mix together in an air tight container
  2. Sprinkle a small amount into a warm bath and enjoy!
 
Simple Body Scrub Recipe

  •  1 c. Sugar or Salt
  • 3/4 c. Coconut Oil (you can use most any oil Olive, Jojoba, Grapeseed, Avocado, etc...)
  • 1 tbsp. dried herbs (optional)
  • 15 drops of essential oil(s) (optional)
  1. Mix ingredients and store in an air tight container
  2. Use 1 tablespoon as needed in shower or bath. Scrub skin with the mixture and rinse well. It will leave your skin feeling like silk. (caution this product can make surfaces slippery!)
Leave a comment if you have a recipe you want to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment